Project Insight Product Training Webinars
Project Insight product training webinars are at no cost and cover a myriad of rotating topics that aim to help you make the most of your project management software and investment. You can attend up to three live product training webinars weekly, or view recorded sessions anywhere anytime.
View the webinar calendar and register for sessions through our Project Insight Community.
Determine Your Best Configuration Options
Project Insight is a flexible and powerful project solution. The flexibility comes from allowing Project Insight administrators to determine the settings of the software in case you need to use options other than the defaults. If you are an administrator, designated support contact or project manager, then you will benefit from this training.
- Understand the purpose and meaning behind the configuration options
- Assure that your project management software is set up correctly from the start
Tuesday, December 02, 2014 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific Time
Everyone wants personal and pertinent information available when and how they wish. That is why Project Insight’s dashboards allow each team member to view and update the elements s/he cares the most about, directly from the opening page. This training is relevant to all team members.
- Learn how to create your own dashboards
- Learn how to put reports and web pages on your dashboard
- Understand the settings of each item
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Secure Your Project Insight Data with Permissions
Project Insight combines robust permissions with ease of use. If you are a Project Insight administrator, user manager or project manager, you should understand how to implement powerful permissions. Learn how to use Project Insight's powerful permissions and security features to provide the proper access levels to team members. Whether a team member is an internal employee, client, vendor, partner or sub-contractors, give them access to data pertinent to each.
- Learn how to add team members, groups of users and organizations to your system
- Understand the types of permissions and how and when to deploy them
- Use permissions and roles with confidence
Thursday, December 04, 2014 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Pacific Time
Prioritize and Score Your Projects
Many teams have more projects than they have time to perform them. That is why it is essential to have a method for ranking and scoring projects. If you are a Project Insight administrator, executive manager or project manager, then you will benefit from learning how to create your own scorecard and utilize it to prioritize your portfolio of projects.
- Understand the concepts of goals, critical success factors (CSFs) and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Learn how to set up your organization’s scorecard
- Understand how to create, update and report on a project’s score
Tuesday, December 09, 2014 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Build Your First Project
Creating a project from scratch is easy once you know how to use Project Insight’s inline editing. This training is designed for project managers and project schedulers, but team members are welcome too. We cover how to create a project, how to select the columns you prefer and how to save quick selections and tips of using inline editing.
- Be able to create your first project using inline editing
- Learn how to create customized task lists and Gantt charts
- Gain an understanding of basic project scheduling terminology
Thursday, December 11, 2014 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Create and Re-Use Project Templates
If your project team has projects that follow similar steps or processes, this training is for you! Project managers and project schedulers will learn how to create projects from established templates. We cover the elements that you may add to your template that will carry over with each new project.
- Leverage the power of project templates
- Set up a common methodology for teams to follow
- Understand the elements that may be added to the template
- Create a new project from a template
- Learn best practices of setting up a template
Tuesday, January 06, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Importing and Exporting Projects from MS Project
If you know and love Microsoft Project desktop and would like to continue to leverage this tool. Or if you simply have some project schedules in MSP and would like to import them into Project Insight, then this training will help you. Project managers and project schedulers will benefit, however other team members are welcome too. We walk through the steps of the import process and the options. See why Project Insight has the most powerful MSP import of any mid-market PPM solution.
- Understand how to leverage Microsoft Project schedules in Project Insight
- Know about the many import options
- Learn the best practices of importing and exporting
Thursday, January 08, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Leveraging Task Dependencies and Intelligent Scheduling
If you have been using Excel to manage projects and want to learn how to leverage task dependencies, then this training is for you. Project tasks have relationships and Project Insight’s intelligent scheduling allows project managers to easily shift project schedules with just a couple of clicks. We cover more advanced scheduling features as well.
- Learn how to leverage task dependencies and types to automatically update the project
- Know when to use constraints, auto-reschedule and other advanced features
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Baseline, Auto-Reschedule and Advanced Scheduling
For project managers that want to learn even more about Project Insight’s powerful, intelligent scheduling, this session goes into more advanced functionality. Learn how to set up tasks that auto-calculate, leverage constraints, even link projects together!
- Learn when to use constraints and why
- Understand the power of tasks that auto-reschedule
- Learn how and when to set baselines
Thursday, January 15, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Setting Up Global and Resource Work Calendars
Holidays, shutdown days and other non-working events may be input into Project Insight as non-working days or times. This powerful feature pushes scheduled work off of non-working days and re-schedules the work. Part-time employees and consultants may have work schedules that differ from your default work calendar. Project managers, resource managers and executives will find out how to utilize this robust and useful functionality.
- Understand how to set up non-working times at the global, project and task levels
- Learn how and when to create specific resource work calendars
- How and when to add multiple work calendars
Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Resource Management 101
Learn how to add resources to your project, associate resources with tasks by skill set, mass assign tasks, swap tasks and more. This training is a must attend for resource managers, project managers and project schedulers.
- Learn how to use all the resource assignment shortcuts
- Save time by mass assigning tasks
Thursday, January 22, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Resource Allocation and Balancing Workloads
Many project teams have more projects than you have resources to perform the work. If you need an easy way to see what everyone on your team is working on, then this training is mission critical. Resource managers, project managers, executives, and even team members will find this session useful.
- Learn how to view your own workload and the allocation of other team members
- Understand how to balance the workload across all projects
- Leverage the suggest a resource function when needed
- Forecast resource demand on upcoming projects
Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Collaboration is a key element of successful project management. Project Insight puts the fun back into the mix with social collaboration. Team members may add comments to tasks, projects, approvals, issues and other items in the software. Then team members may decide which conversations they would like to add to their collaboration stream. The result is a real-time social stream that appears on the dashboard and provides detailed activity history.
- Understand the power of adding comments
- Know how to receive alerts on the projects and items you care about
Thursday, January 29, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Document Sharing and Management
Make it easy for your team to access and work with valuable project assets and files. Because projects are collaborative efforts, having a centralized place for collaboration and document sharing is important. Collaboration on projects is applicable for all team members, so everyone should attend.
- Learn how to standardize and organize your documents folders
- Know when to add project assets versus linking to them
Tuesday, February 03, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Routing Items for Approvals and Electronic Signature
Email is great, but it can be a challenging way to route elements for approval. If you are tired of not knowing what stage your approval is at, then you will benefit from learning more about Project Insight approvals. Routing project documents, projects, tasks or other items is a way to capture and secure team members’ approval in more formal and report-able way. Designed for project managers, team members and sponsors, this training takes you through the approval process.
- Learn how to capture electronic signatures on all items in the software
- Understand how to create a template of an approval for rapid re-use
Thursday, February 05, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Pulling Data Using Shortcuts and URLs
If your team already has project files and assets stored in a useful location, or you want to point people to another web based system, then ‘shortcuts’ are for you. We call shortcuts the ‘poor man’s integration,’ as you may opt to present third party information within an iFrame, or a new tab or even launch a new browser window without any programming or cost.
- Understand how to set up system wide shortcuts
- Learn about the different click actions
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Track, Manage and Report on Issues
No project is perfect and you may need to track problems or issues that arise on tasks and projects. Some project teams may even want to add issues to a folder, not on a project or task. This training is for all team members, as anyone can report a problem, bug, defect or other issue.
- Understand when and why to use issues
- Learn the different ways to configure issues
Thursday, February 12, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Outlook and Microsoft Office Integration With Our Connectors
If your team uses Microsoft Outlook for email and/or Microsoft Office applications, these optional client side add-ons provide another easy way to update projects, tasks, issues and more in Project Insight. Team members will learn how to use the Outlook Connector to upload emails to Project Insight, keeping all project communication centralized. Learn how to utilize Office Connector to simplify the editing of Office documents posted in the software.
- Discover if Outlook Connector is right for your team
- Understand the power of creating tasks and issues from emails
- Know how to edit documents with Office Connector
Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Track Your Time and Enter Expenses
Even if your project team does not perform client-facing projects, you can still benefit from entering time in Project Insight. Learn how long tasks take to perform and modify your project schedules for better estimates in the future. If you do work on billable projects, then this training is mission critical for team members, project managers and the financial team.
- Understand the different ways to enter time
- Decide which method is best for your team
- Know how to get started entering time and expenses
- Be able to run and customize time and expense reports
Thursday, February 19, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Managing the Project Plan v. Actuals
Understanding how your forecasted project compares to what actually happened is important for organizational learning. This training is designed for project managers and financial project team members. Learn how to set up project budgets, compare the planned budget to actuals and use real-time budget information to map out anticipated costs in the future.
- Understand the rate flow so you can choose the best methodology for your team
- Identify when your project is in danger of going over budget
- Analyze your portfolio using customized financial reports
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Managing Project Budgets for Professional Services
Project teams with client-facing projects need additional financial data. Project Insight offers not only planned versus the actual, but also allows you to track what was proposed to the client, what is billable and, if you choose, what was invoiced. Project managers, project schedulers and financial resources will learn how to utilize these powerful financial features for increased project and organizational profitability.
- Understand the purpose of the additional financial columns offered
- Learn how to become more profitable as an organization
Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Managing Fixed Price Projects
The days of billing clients by time and materials are gone! Many project teams need to manage to a fixed bid or price. Project managers, project schedulers and financial team members learn how to set up and manage a project with a fixed price in this training.
- Learn how to leverage the software to manage fixed price projects
- Understand how to set up milestone billing
Tuesday, March 03, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Creating and Running Portfolio and Project Reports
Designed for executive management, project managers and power users, this training walks you through how to run powerful portfolio and project reports and dashboards in Project Insight. Learn how to create, save and share your own customized reports and dashboards.
- Know the usefulness of each report section
- Understand how to create, save and share your own customized reports
Thursday, March 05, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Creating and Running Task and Milestone Reports
Project Insight allows teams to report on every item in the solution. Task and milestone reports are useful for all team members. Some resources like to view and update all assignments from a task report. Managers like to view overdue tasks or critical tasks by person, project or department. Learn how to create and leverage task and milestone reports in this training.
- Leverage task reports to know what each person’s working on
- Learn how to roll up, group by and sub-total task reports
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Leveraging Contracts and Rate Cards
Rate cards are not just for client-facing project teams. Many teams that have internal projects also see the value of creating rate cards to associate with projects. Contracts and rate cards may be created with skill sets and specific rates may be associated with those skills. When applied to projects, Project Insight will apply the rate card rates, overriding user and project level rates. If you are a systems administrator, user manager, project manager or financial team member tracking financials, then attend this training.
- Understand the power of setting up rate cards for rate flexibility
Thursday, March 12, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Generating Invoices and ERP Integration
While Project Insight does not replace your accounting system, the software does provide you with elegant invoice reports that may be exported to Excel or QuickBooks format, or integrated with your ERP or accounting system. The invoice report gives the financial team a ‘last look’ at project financials before they are entered into the enterprise accounting solution. If you are an accounting or financial team member or a project manager, this training shows you how to aggregate approved time and expenses onto invoice reports.
- Understand the power and use of invoice reports
- Know how to prepare an invoice report for export or integration to your ERP or accounting system
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Creating Custom Fields
Because every project team is unique, you may want to track information that is particular to your process and organization. Project Insight allows you to add custom fields to the software. You can track and report on the information that is important to you. Systems administrators and project managers learn how to add these fields without any programming.
- Know when it is appropriate to use custom fields
- Learn how to create customizations that fit your project team’s business process
Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Using Custom Items and Forms
Many forms are used in project management. Usually these are in Word, Excel or PowerPoint format and a team member has to update the forms manually. Learn how to create your own custom forms to track the information you need. Custom items are flexible and may be created for hundreds of purposes, including project request forms, change request forms, time off requests and more. This session is dedicated to helping you take advantage of custom items to tailor the software to meet your team’s business needs.
- Know how to convert your Word documents into reportable data
- Learn how to set up and report on custom forms that fit your project team’s business process
Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Internationalize Your Project Software with Cultural and Interface Labels
Project Insight is the most powerful and flexible software in the mid-market, allowing systems administrators and project managers to change the terminology of the software on data columns and forms. For example, if your project team uses specific nomenclature, then your administrator may change the default terminology to your organization’s wording.
- Understand how to change data columns and fields
- Learn the many ways to customize the software
Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Just because you are out of the office, does not mean you and your team can’t provide updates. Check out the latest mobile applet and learn how to use all the functionality so you sponsors and project managers have the latest and greatest info.
- Learn how to provide updates from any smartphone
- Find out how to enter time and the task, project or company level
Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Navigation and Usability Tips & Tricks
Ease of use and the user experience is the most important factor in the adoption of project software. Invite all team members to this session to learn the one-click shortcuts and other navigation tricks.
- Walk away knowing the shortcuts of Project Insight, online project management software
- Learn the practical tips and tricks that savvy project managers and team members use to save time
Thursday, April 02, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Providing Team Member Updates
If you are a Project Insight team member, being asked to provide task updates, then this is the session for you. We cover the different ways to update task percentage complete, add comments and enter time.
- Learn the different ways to provide task updates
- Figure out the best method for your team
Tuesday, April 07, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Set Up your Project Insight Global Settings
If you are setting up your Project Insight instance for the first time and are a systems administrator, user manager or project manager, then you this training is for you. This training covers the set up of the software and provides your project team with the foundation for a successful implementation.
- Understand what each of the global settings is for and how they factor into portfolio reports
- Learn the settings and options
- Select the settings that are right for your business process
Thursday, April 09, 2015 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific Time
Find out why Project Insight, project management software, is the #1 choice of savvy project managers. Request a demo today!