QAIassist Integrated IT Methodology® Overview
If your organization is like the many companies we encounter on a daily basis, you may be managing projects using Excel sheets, white boards, paper based calendars or MS Project desktop. Maybe your team has a low end collaborative system, a shared network drive or SharePoint. These tools are a good start toward getting your team more organized and efficient. However, many project teams have not yet developed a standardized project process, defined templates for deliverables such as project charters or business requirements, or decided upon a methodology to follow.
What is a 'methodology?' The Greeks coined the term 'methodos,' which was used both as a noun and as a verb. The noun usage of 'methodos' means a path that could be followed to reach a destination. The verb usage means the journey to be taken along that path. It is not simply about getting from point A to point B, but the overall experience as well. A methodology refers to the process or the 'how' a goal is attained. Every project has a goal, yet not many teams plan and prepare HOW they will achieve the goal of the project. Has your project management team answered the questions? :
- What will our project management framework be?
- What criteria should we use to prioritize our projects?
- What delivery approach should we utilize? Waterfall, agile, spiral, RAD or other?
- What gates and milestones should be present in every project?
- What should the standard deliverables be?
Project Insight, in partnership with QAIassist, offers project teams the QAIassist Integrated IT Methodology®. Organizations may combine the strength of Project Insight's portfolio and project management software, with the QAIassist Integrated IT Methodology®suite to shore up their processes.
Benefits of Deploying an Integrated Methodology
The choice to implement a methodology for your project and program processes takes the foresight to know that the effort invested toward learning and adopting a scalable and customizable methodology will bring many long term benefits. These include:
- Instituting repeatable organizational processes
- Providing standardization for the project team
- Greater project management efficiencies
- Increased profitability
- Delivery of quality products/projects on time and within budget
- Qualifying the organization for CMMI or ISO 9000 evaluations
Click below to view the:
Request QAIassist Integrated IT Methodology ® samples & information
Want to learn more? Sign up for our free IT Methodology Webinars