PMI Project Management Training Webinar Courses
Project Insight offers free online Project Management courses introducing attendees to the tools and techniques of Project Management Institute, Inc.'s (PMI) PMBOK® Guide. The webinar courses provide insight into the key concepts and techniques used by project managers across the globe to successfully complete projects. Receive one Professional Development Unit (PDU) credit to use toward your Project Management Professional Certification for each live session attended. Register below for each upcoming session, or view the previously recorded PMI Project Management Training Webinar Courses - Archive.
Developing Risk Response Strategies (Panel Discussion)
After developing a robust and extensive list of risk events, the project manager and team will prioritized those risks to define the most critical ones that deserve or require a response. In this panel discussion webinar, project management practitioners will share tales from the front line on developing mitigation plans and implementing contingency plans.
- List risk responses that can be implemented before the risk event happens
- Identify responses to positive risk events
- Illustrate how response plans change risk ranking
- Describe the use of contingency plans
Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Difficult Conversations / Communication Pitfalls
Let silence do the heavy lifting. If you are a project manager, scheduler, team member or subject matter expert, business analyst or technical/specialist/systems analyst, you should attend this webinar.
- Master the courage to interrogate reality
- Come out from behind yourself, into the conversation, and make it real
- Be here, prepared to be nowhere else
- Tackle your toughest challenge today
- Obey your instincts
- Take responsibility for your emotional wake
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
How long will it take? This is the question that puzzles project team members, sponsors, end users, clients, functional managers, and subject matter experts. Estimating time is one of the more difficult aspects of project planning. In this webinar, you will learn some techniques to help you estimate better and provide more confidence to your stakeholders.
- Identify techniques for estimating time
- Differentiate between effort and duration
- Use team members’ estimates more effectively
- Define best practices to implement within Project Insight
Wednesday, January 07, 2015 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Waiting until the project is delivered to the customer is not the time to confirm, or not confirm, that objectives of the project are met. Project managers and business analysts must understand how to analyze the various risks of the project objectives and develop ways to intermittently validate the attainment of those objectives. Learn the roles and responsibilities of the project manager, business analyst and quality assurance teams in successful project delivery.
- Define what validation means as it relates to project delivery
- Define team roles and responsibilities as it relates to validation
- Identify the types of validation necessary for your project
- Develop action plans to validate key components of the project
Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Conducting Meetings with Virtual Teams
Leading effective virtual meetings with our teams is a large challenge today, especially since 70% of participants are multi-tasking and not engaged. Problems, misunderstandings and communication breakdowns are magnified in virtual communication compared to face-to-face meetings. The key is to build relationships and trust with virtual team members and take specific steps to keep them engaged and increase participation in virtual meetings.
- Develop strong relationships and trust with virtual team members
- Overcome the biggest obstacles to conducting effective virtual meetings
- Increase engagement during virtual meetings
- Use best practices for virtual meetings to produce results you want
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
The “How To’s” of Using Social Networking in Talent Management
Social media is changing the way we communicate. Facebook™, Twitter™, LinkedIn™ , Yammer, Yelp and blogs are creating unique opportunities and challenges for companies today and employers must decide how to interact with these ever-evolving venues. This presentation will address the benefits of using social networks and how a company can strategically build its social networks; how a company can build its brand on LinkedIn™, Facebook™ & Twitter™ and how these sites are being used by recruiters today. We will look at how to incorporate the latest trends in social media to create a competitive advantage for your organization.
- How to relate the latest trends in social media to recruiting
- How LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter are used by recruiters today
- How to determine if Social fits into your culture and employment brand
- Why it's important to "join the conversation" today
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Find out why Project Insight, project management software, is the #1 choice of savvy project managers. Request a demo today!
PMI, PMBOK, PMP and CAPM are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.