PMI Project Management Training Webinar Courses
Project Insight offers free online Project Management courses introducing attendees to the tools and techniques of Project Management Institute, Inc.'s (PMI) PMBOK® Guide. The webinar courses provide insight into the key concepts and techniques used by project managers across the globe to successfully complete projects. Receive one Professional Development Unit (PDU) credit to use toward your Project Management Professional Certification for each live session attended. Register below for each upcoming session, or view the previously recorded PMI Project Management Training Webinar Courses - Archive.
Transforming Resistance into Support
Seventy percent of organizational change efforts fail as a result of miscommunication. How, when, and to whom the change is communicated has a major impact on whether employees will resist or support the change and whether the change succeeds or fails. Don't let your organization fail! Successfully lead your team through change by effectively communicating with employees, customers, and stakeholders to achieve the desired outcome.
- Avoid 3 costly communication mistakes that alienate employees during change
- Utilize best communication practices to prevent resistance and gain employee support
- Deflect uncertainty and anxiety surrounding organizational change
Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Lessons Learned Basics
Many of us understand that we should capture lessons learned, but how many are actually capturing them. This webinar looks at the importance of capturing lessons learned and discusses how capturing and using prior lessons learned can improve the efficiency of your future project teams.
- Define the purpose of capturing lessons learned
- Identify key information to capture in lessons learned documents
- Quantify the value of lessons learned to your organization
Wednesday, October 08, 2014 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Cultural Diversity Skills for PMs – The Generation Gap
Cultural diversity covers many different issues in managing people on projects. The generation gap is one of the most challenging because of our tendency to misunderstand other perspectives and beliefs. This webinar will help you understand the differences among generations and how you can improve your communication.
- Understand differences in values among generations
- Describe mindsets and beliefs of each generational group
- Identify techniques to communicate across generations
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Requirements Tools & Templates (Panel discussion)
Scope issues are one of the top reasons for project failure. Root cause analyses point us to poor processes of documenting and managing requirements by business analysts and project managers. Learn what it takes to define requirements well and handle tough situations when deliverables are challenged late in the project. This is a panel discussion with individuals who have excelled in successfully managing customer expectations.
- Learn how requirements are documented in different industries
- Review experiences in managing changes to requirements during project execution
- Identify strategies for having difficult conversations with customers
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Developing Risk Response Strategies (Panel Discussion)
After developing a robust and extensive list of risk events, the project manager and team will prioritized those risks to define the most critical ones that deserve or require a response. In this panel discussion webinar, project management practitioners will share tales from the front line on developing mitigation plans and implementing contingency plans.
- List risk responses that can be implemented before the risk event happens
- Identify responses to positive risk events
- Illustrate how response plans change risk ranking
- Describe the use of contingency plans
Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Difficult Conversations/Communication Pitfalls
Let silence do the heavy lifting. If you are a project manager, scheduler, team member or subject matter expert, business analyst or technical/specialist/systems analyst, you should attend this webinar.
- Master the courage to interrogate reality
- Come out from behind yourself, into the conversation, and make it real
- Be here, prepared to be nowhere else
- Tackle your toughest challenge today
- Obey your instincts
- Take responsibility for your emotional wake
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Pacific Time
Find out why Project Insight, project management software, is the #1 choice of savvy project managers. Request a demo today!
PMI, PMBOK, PMP and CAPM are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.