Project managers, executive stakeholders, program managers, anyone with a PMP credential
Projects are not successful unless they can pass the testing by the ultimate consumer of the product—the client, whether external or internal. Many organizations create test plans in a haphazard way without thoroughly understanding the scope of the project. These kinds of test plans lead to scope creep and unsuccessful projects. Learn the importance of creating test plans and a practical way in which to deliver them that enables the project team to gain acceptance by the client.
- Describe the difference between test plans and test cases
- Articulate the benefits of using test plans within your organization or department
- Describe best practices in creating and using test plans
- Evaluate good and bad examples of test plans
- Determine when certain approaches work better than others