System configuration sets usage properties for the entire system. These properties should not be changed without proper planning and coordination with your server administrator. While all of the configuration variables are available to Project Insight On-Premises installations, the SaaS version will not contain any variables which require change coordination with the hosting provider's system administrators, such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) settings.
System Name sets the name that displays in the title bar of the web browser when on the My Insight page. The title bar will change based on the name of the Project Insight item you are using at any given moment (i.e. the project name), so this setting pertains only to the title displayed from the My Insight page.
Primary URL (on-premises systems only) sets the site http(s) address reference used for the site. Do NOT include the http or https reference when setting this variable. This address should be an exact match to the address configured for the site by the server administrator.
- Note: Changing this reference will not normally change the web address to which the site responds. Do not change this reference without the advisement of your server administrator.
My Insight Text sets the text for the My Insight references, such as the My Insight drop-down menu text. It is intended as a customization option to use at the discretion of the customer.
- Note: My Insight is the reference used in all Project Insight provided documentation and technical support. Changing the text will not change the documentation references to the My Insight features and functions. Likewise, Project Insight support correspondence will continue to reference My Insight without translation to the individualized selections for this text of each site. Any support or documentation confusion which may result from this change is the sole burden of the customer's internal support personnel.
HTTPS Required (on-premises systems only) will force any attempt to load any page on the site referencing http into an https address. It will also automatically apply the https reference to URLs in nightly reports and other email notifications from Project Insight containing hyperlinks to content.
HTTPS For Login (on-premises systems only) will force the application into SSL mode at the login page, but not for subsequent pages following the login.
- Note: https requires that the server administrator configures the server with an SSL certificate within the operating system and the web server software (Microsoft Internet Information Services). This checkbox option will only display on installed systems. The redirect of the site from an http to an https reference requires additional/optional configuration by the server administrator to allow an http connection. This optional configuration prevents a user from receiving an error upon an attempt to access the site without specifying https in the web browser address line. This is a convenience option which may not comply with corporate standards for setting up an SSL encrypted web site, therefore, it may be required for users to always enter the site with https in the site address.
Options for numbering include None, Individual or Global.
- None - No numbering will be assigned.
- Global - A system wide unique number will be assigned.
- Individual - A item only unique number will be assigned. For example, 10001 could be used for both Projects and Project Requests.
These settings apply only to new projects added following any changes. A prefix can be established which will be added to the beginning of each assigned number. You may enter a number to start with or reset to within the Reset To: field or you can click 'Get Current Number' and the system will display the next number to be used in the Reset To: field.
Project Numbering enables you to select options related to project numbering.
Project Request Numbering enables you to select options related to project request numbering.
Project Change Order Numbering enables you to select options related to project change order numbering.
Issue Numbering enables you to select options related to issue numbering.
To-Do Numbering enables you to select options related to To-Do numbering.
Approval Request Numbering enables you to select options related to approval request numbering.
File Numbering enables you to select options related to file numbering.
Copy & Paste Options
Drag and Drop
enables non-system administrators extended use of move functions. Enabling this function overrides the permissions for both locations and allows the user to do the drag and drop. This is a very powerful tool and should be limited in use to ensure items are not easily moved.
Clipboard enables non-system administrators extended use of the move function only via the clipboard. Enabling this function overrides the permissions for both locations and allows the user to do the move. This is also a powerful tool but is much less likely to be used accidently.
Paste into HTML inputs enables the HTML editor to automatically strip MS Word formatting on paste.
Disable Login News is used to block news feed information which can cause problems in older browser versions on the login page. This setting should be used only within environments in which a specific problem has been identified as avoidable with this setting.
Disable Dashboard News is used to block news feed information which can cause problems in older browser versions on the My Insight Dashboard display. This setting should be used only within environments in which a specific problem has been identified as avoidable with this setting
Disable PI Back Button should only be used for security troubleshooting purposes. The Project Insight back button provides the unique function to return the user to the previous scroll position on the previous page rather than defaulting to the top left of the previous page view. This function requires more data in the URL and on rare occasions has caused certain firewall implementations to block traffic.
Version (Full )is the Project Insight software version.