Installation and configuration of the Office 2007 through 2013 products and the Project Insight Outlook, Office and Project Connectors must be performed only by your Windows application professionals familiar with the Microsoft Office .NET environment.
The following environment must be established in order to install the Microsoft Outlook and Office Connectors.
1. Microsoft Office Professional 2007 through 2016.
2. Project Insight Outlook Connector Install File.
3. Microsoft Web Services Enhancements (WSE) must be installed and running on the Project Insight application server. These services are already configured for Project Insight SaaS (hosted) customers. On-premises customers should reference their installation instructions and server software requirements to ensure that the proper Microsoft Web Services Enhancements version and service pack software are properly installed.
Installing Project Insight Outlook and Office Connectors
1. Close any open Microsoft Office applications.
2. Run the Outlook or Office Connector installation .MSI file from the local computer or network location.
3. Follow the installation wizard to install the Outlook or Office Connector.
Connecting to Project Insight
The first time you open Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, or Word after installing the Outlook and/or Office Connectors, you will be prompted to set your Project Insight URL and user account login information for your Project Insight. When the setting window appears:
1. Select http (normal) or https (SSL protected) as the URL type of your Project Insight system. If you are unsure which URL type your Project Insight system uses, contact your internal Project Insight system administrator.
2. Enter your project insight URL. This is usually in the form company.projectinsight.net. If you are unsure of your company’s Project Insight URL, contact your internal Project Insight system administrator.
3. Enter your Project Insight user name.
4. Enter your Project Insight password.
5. Click the Save button to save your settings.
Upgrading Project Insight Outlook and Office Connector to Newer Office Versions
When upgrading MS Office Professional, you must first uninstall the previous versions of the Project Insight Outlook and Office connector software prior to upgrading your Office environment.