By default, the users form shows all users that you have access to see. However, you can filter and search for only certain users. You can also change the Columns of Data that display.
- Click the Display Options menu option .
Entering Search and Filtering Criteria
To Limit the number of users to display:
- If you have a large number of users, you can limit the number which display on one page. This improves the speed of loading the page. 50 is the default but you can change that to make it bigger or smaller as required.
To Search by Company, Department, Group, Resource Type/Role or User Type
- Click the Additional Filtering Options section to expand that out
- Click in the drop down for the filtering criteria you want and select it. You can select more than one option in each drop down by clicking on it. It will be moved to the right hand side of the drop down list indicating that its been selected.
To Search by Role
- Click the Role Selection Filtering Options section to expand that out
- Click in the Include only the following roles within selectioncheckbox to turn on the role filtering criteria. When it is checked, all the available roles willappear.
- Click on one more roles to filter by that role
Note* If you enter multiple filtering criteria, Project Insight treats it as an "AND" relationship. That is the user must meet all the criteria entered, in order to be selected.
If you want to remove search or filtering criteria
Ensure that you click back on All in the letters and remove any search terms you entered and any of the other filtering criteria that you set. Expand the filtering sections and click on the items in the right hand side of the drop down boxes to remove it.
Changing the Columns of Data that Display and Grouping Data
To Group the Data
- You can also group the display of users. Click the Group By / Sub Total Options section to expand that out.
- Click in the Column drop down and select the data to group by.
- Click the icon to add that grouping.
- Add additional groupings if required.
To Update the Display with the filters and display options, click the .
These settings will be remembered and applied automatically the next time the users list is displayed.