Project managers, executive stakeholders, program managers, anyone with a PMP credential
To accomplish our jobs we need to influence others. We can influence using positive approaches or negative strategies. In this session, participants will assess and identify the influence and negotiation strategies they tend to use most. A model for influence planning will be introduced and participants will use it to prepare for an upcoming situation where they need to influence someone. Participants will leave the workshop with a tool kit of strategies for influencing as well as a plan of action for becoming a better influencer and negotiator.
- Define power and influence
- Examine the styles and behaviors associated with influencing
- Use a strategies self-assessment instrument
- Define the stages of negotiation
- Create a personal action plan to become more effective at negotiating and influencing